Query: Reccomended Laptop Solutions? (Hardware)

Dear List,

I noticed, that there is at least some schools here, that already use
laptops in a broader range. Hence, I hope to draw profit from your
experience:

Out school is in the lucky situation to have a budget for extending its
hardware. This means basically to increase the computer per pupil rate.

As we lack the room for setting up further computer labs, we focus a
flexible solution, namely class sets of about 16 laptops. Our classes
are mainly on two different floors, and all rooms have a 100 MBit
connection to our server.

On some fairs, I found offerings consisting of a kind of box-on-wheels
that has space for 16 laptops, preinstalled sockets for battery
to the laptops (and of course to the internet).

There are several providers of such furniture, some "special offerings"
include the laptops and cost 25 thsd. Euro minimum.

On the other hand, there are providers of used high standard laptops,
metal case and everything, charging 300-400 euro per device. On a scale
of 2-3 sets of 16 lapops (=> 50 devices), this makes a vast difference.

On the third hand (hehe), the likelihood for technical disorder
increases at this scale to almost 1, so a maximum warantee should be
desirable.

What is the models, you run?

Thanks for your advice
Regards
Ralf

P.S.: These (German) links show some of the furniture I have in mind:
http://www.mobile-school.de/
http://www.notebookwagen.de/
Both are available in English as well.