Debian Edu: new scientific package

Hi,

A week ago I sent the message below to debian-edu@lists.debian.org,
but so far I didn't receive any answer. Lost in the spam?

Hi,
I am the first author of GAMGI - General Atomistic Modelling Graphic Interface,
available at http://www.gamgi.org, a GPL program to build, view and analyse atomic strucures, such as molecules, crystals, glasses, liquids, etc. GAMGI supports the 230 crystallographic space groups, and can be used for example to perform point symmetry and 3D Voronoi analysis. GAMGI supports multiple windows, layers, and lights, and offers maximum control over even low-level objects as atoms, bonds and text objects.

GAMGI comes with significant XHTML documentation that can be seen with a browser or GAMGI itself, from the local computer or from a remote http or ftp site, such as http://www.gamgi.org or ftp://ftp.gamgi.org/gamgi/. GAMGI also comes with hundreds of files describing relevant molecules, clusters and cells, in GAMGI XML native format, that can be loaded out-of-the-box.

GAMGI is written in ANSI C and requires glib 1.2/gtk 1.2, gtkglarea 1.2, mesa and expat libraries, easily available in all Linux distributions. There are two mailing lists available, one for help users, other to discuss development. Andre Truter, a Software Engineer, is building packages for GAMGI. Currently there are packages for Suse and Debian. Packages for other systems will be available on request.

Although I have been writing GAMGI for quite some time (it has now in excess
of 150,000 lines of C code), and making it available for everyone, only now
I am actually announcing it in public forums and websites in the internet.
Although I wrote GAMGI from zero and it is not a copy of any other program
around, it certainly is inspired in programs as InsightII and Cerius2 that
I used during my PhD on atomistic modelling.

I was wondering if you would be interested in including GAMGI
in your list of Education packages for Debian? although many things
are still missing, I feel that GAMGI is already quite useful, particularly
in the Education field. As a universitary professor myself, in the
Materials Science field, I think GAMGI is already useful to teach
many subjects related with atomic structure and crystallography.

Probably you will have questions to ask, you can contact me
to this email address, I will be glad to answer them.

Carlos Pereira,
http://www.gamgi.org/