Re: Sound on thin clients ?

Frédéric BOITEUX skrev:

  I've read that sound is not enabled by default on skolelinux' thin
is it possible to enable it ? It seems that LTSP 3.01 offers a ltsp_sound
package, does anybody ever tried to install it ? Just tell me if it's almost
impossible, or a question of time...

A question of time. Use the ltsp_sound package, install the one package it wants on woody (I forget which) ans use nasd as sound daemon on the thin clients. Read the README in the package before setting up. Fiddle with the sound setup in KDE to make it work there. xmms ususally works out of the box.

There are no security implications that I know and care about with sound. Use headphones with individual volume controls in a classroom environment.

Med vennlig hilsen
Ragnar Wisløff
Life is a reach. Then you gybe.