Re: LVM Tools / GUI
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: LVM Tools / GUI
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 23:49:30 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (Thomas Templin's message of "Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:58:21 +0200")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20040730085855.GH16769@saruman.uio.no> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> It's more LVM at all which is irritating or better a xterm plus LVM.
> Most teachers seem to have a big aversion to everything which only
> might look as a xterm.
Perhaps improving the webmin-lvm module is a good idea. It is capable
of resizing the volumes using a web browser, but I'm not sure if it
can handle the filesystem resize as well. And as long as no online
resize is possible, /usr/ and /var/ is out of reach for the webmin
Adding LVM support to libparted would be a good idea too, as there are
GUI frontends for parted available.