Re: Skolelinux download problems

onsdag 04 august 2004, 05:09, skrev Steve Hargadon:
> I've downloaded the Skolelinux file several times, but the size and
> the MD5-sum have not matched yet.  We tried an install with what we
> had downloaded, and it locked up.

The Skolelinux/Debian Edu development server is placed almost directly
to the NIX i Norway: http://www.uio.no/nix/ . This should preserve the
highest queality of the IP-traffic out of Norway.

> Is anyone else having trouble doing this?  We tried downloading both
> to a Windows machine and to a Linux machine.  Same problems.

I'm sending your higly relevant question to the debian-edu-list. Hope
persons other places in the world can say something about the
IP-quality ot there?

> Let me know if we are the only ones having a problem, and we'll keep
> trying!

We also provide a snail-mail solution:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/cdcopy.html.en
http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/get_started/cd

> Steve
>
> Steve Hargadon
> Hargadon Computer, Inc.
> 916-652-8600, ext. 711

Sincerely

Knut Yrvin
--
Project manager (cel: +47 908 95 765) Skolelinux Norway and OpenOffice
translation to Norwegian. Office 1: SLX Debian Labs Forskningsparken,