weekly report week 31

Work done last week:

 - Continued work toward d-i release. (Due very soon now.)
 - Sanity checked and expanded the sarge installation manual.
 - Rewrote the installation howto and incorporated it into the manual.

Plans for this week:

 - I do hope to finally release d-i this week. :-) It's been consuming
   too much of my time.
 - I'm going to begin helping the Debian security team with checking
   security problems to make sure the fixes have gotten into sarge.
   With the sarge release firming up this is an important area to cover.
 - Figure out what plans are for releasing debian-edu based on sarge.
   With the current timeline, it seems unlikely that debian-edu will be
   fully ready when sarge releases. So this involves figuring out what
   are the main things we want to get into sarge proper, and what we
   will do about needed fixes to debian-edu after sarge is frozen or
   released.
 - One small step toward that end is a list of bugs (and a short list of
   release-critical bugs) in debian-edu packages in sarge, so I will
   get those lists generating this week.

--
see shy jo