Re: mozilla that works

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

[Snip]

> |>'cause "we" does mean Debian, right?
> |
> | Nope. "We" means Skolelinux, not debian. (Period.)
>
> Thank you for the clarification.
>

> I thought debian-edu@lists.debian.org was for Debian, and
> linuxiskolen@skolelinux.no was for Skolelinux. (Period.)

I vas just giving a short answer to a question, not trying to define the theme
for this list. I must remind you that my original posting was in respect to
an technical issue brought up through the need for a new build of mozilla,
and was not meant to be a discussion about this lists role or theme.

This said I still feel a kind of ehm ... betrayed when debian (or so it seem)
apparently tries to hijack a concrete agreement between Skolelinux and a
vendor. This agreement was set up for Skolelinux and was never intended for
debian in the first place. If it is a fact what you refer, that debian shows
the nerve to denounce the agreement as unfit for the distribution, this act
goes a long way to show a lack of respect for what's actually written in
these documents. The agreement is not unfit for debian, the correct term is
that it's not _available_ for debian!!!
This is why "We" means Skolelinux, not debian. (I'm not saying that debian
would have had any logistical problem getting this sort of agreement with
SUN, just that this particular agreement doesn't cover up for debian.)

If this should imply that the discussion in question is unwanted on this list,
there seems to be a need for evaluating whether or not Skolelinux can survive
sharing lists with debian. I must press that Skolelinux is _not_ a localised
Norwegian version of debian-edu, and that Skolelinux's international
devel-list 'devel@skolelinux.no' was merged with 'debian-edu@' for the better
of both.

In kind regard
Gjermund Skogstad