Re: mozilla that works

torsdag 29. april 2004, 05:25, skrev Gjermund Skogstad:
> This is why "We" means Skolelinux, not debian.

Just some details about this statement. Skolelinux is Debian-edu:

http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CustomDebian
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CustomDebian
http://www.debian.org/partners/

* About Java and Flash

We are working on getting gjc into Skolelinux through Debian unstable to
replace the jre-engine from Sun Microsystems that is in Debian Woody.
The same thing is done with Flash. Petter and others tracks a project
that makes a clone that should get the job done.

Unfortunately we both need Java- and Flash-support to cope national
exams  on Internet for primary and secondary schools in Norwegian
education:

http://info.nationaltests.no/

In our view this is an necessary, but temporary solution to not get
kicked out from the schools.

* The Mozilla work-around

It's also important to get Mozilla working because of a DOM-plugin. A
newer version of Mozilla supports a nice editor for pupils that writes
hidden HTML directly into a Learning Management System from Class
Fronter. Class Fronter is in use at many schools in Norway.

http://fronter.info/uk/

- Knut Yrvin
The projectleader of Skolelinux in Norway (as Debian-edu is known as in
our country).