Re: mozilla that works

mandag 26. april 2004, 11:49, skrev Finn-Arne Johansen:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:24:12AM +0200, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> > as some of you may or may not know, there is a problem with the mozilla
> > packages that are availible for woody. I have tested different
> > versions of mozilla.

> > - There is a binary version availible on mozilla.org. This is a tar.gz
> >   or some kind of installer package. This one is compiled with gcc 3.2
> > I have taken the last one and built a package out of it.
>
> Another thing slightly related:
>  If you want to use java with this version of mozilla, you need a java
> that are compiled with gcc3.2.
>
> I downloaded mine from
> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2r
>e-1.4.2_04-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
>
> then, as root, I did a
>  cd /usr/lib
>  bash ~finnarne/j2re-1_4_2_04-linux-i586.bin
>  mv j2re1.4.2_04 j2re1.4
>  cd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
>  ln -s /usr/lib/j2re1.4/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> How was the licensing for j2re, are we allowed to repackage j2re1.4 as
> well ?
>
> --
> Finn-Arne Johansen
> faj@bzz.no
> http://bzz.no/

I've earlier not been to shure about this, but when I just now reviewed the
docs once more, I feel confident that we're allowed to do so given two
conditions:
1. We build our package from the unmodified binary-package served out from
sun's web-site.
2. We stay away from the development-kit! The agreement we've got with Sun is
on the matter of distributing JRE (sorry, no pre-installed javac or javadoc).

Please take a look at the docs, especially numbers 4, 5 and 6:
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/sl-packages_appendix/

Unfortunately I'm not able to address this need for a new JRE-deb this week
(having an exam this friday).
If you're itching to make this new package for JRE, please feel free to to so.

Gjermund Skogstad