Re: Test-Case 004 failed for WLUS 1.2-25

onsdag 21. april 2004, 21:27, skrev Andreas Schuldei:
> i agree. it is not a perfect solution. threatening me with those
> teachers is not a perfect solution, either. can you try to keep
> this on a factal level? please dont insult me by refering to me
> as "the schuldei", either. it actually hurts me.

I tried to communicate what we experienced when testing a function. Your
imidiate response was:

>   the feature request for this was born in the real world, in every
>  day use, by real people. the test cases are very good and usability
>  testing is great, but i think real life is even better.

I know that Klaus Ade has this request. But your answer was an
undervaluation of the test-teams experience and feedback. You must devide
the fact that sombody had a requested of a nice feature, and how the
feature realy works in real life when testing the feature. To be more
spesifice. The test-team consist of more than 12 persons, and Klaus Ade is
not always comunicate bugs very precice .... It's a huge difference in
requesting a function, and get it work properly.

When a functon does not work as intended, its should be more interesting for
the developer and the person that the requested feature to find a better
solution. If not, it has to be removed until it can be fixed. If it's not
fixed in 14 days, and the realease-data is in 6 days. Then I have to ask
one question:

It is posible to make the star-marked Admin-password-field OK in 6 days, or
shuld we wait with this funtion until after 1.0 of Skolelinux? Other issues
must also be fixed in WLUS before 1.0 of Skolelinux. Since the
sesion-handling in Webmin with SSL and so on is complicated, it's probably
no time to get the best Admin-password-solution in Skolelinux 1.0. Then the
password has to be typed every time you delite or add a user(s) and
groups(s).

- Knut