Re: Test-Case 004 failed for WLUS 1.2-25

onsdag 21. april 2004, 20:17, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
> They just happen to be the same after installation.  It is not given
> that they will stay the same (and probably the should not), so you
> should consider them two different passwords.

And thats my point. In a usability-perspective, you have to handle this with
two password, and use the WLUS-password every time something is deleted or
added to the ldif-database. It's not usability to remove the need for
password.

> The only reason they are the same is to avoid having to ask for two
> admin passwords during installation.

That is also discussed and explained (and so one) three weeks ago. The
reason why I suggested point 2, was to show the usability-answer to what
Schuldei is programing:

> 2. Remove the password-feeld entirely. It's not neccesary, and
>   the Webmin and LDAP-password is the same.

It's a third (3) way to handle this. Schuldei could make the feeld "Admin
passord" with stars, when the password is cached. Then he shows that the
system has taken care of the WLUS-password. When it's not stars there, the
user-admin can type the WLUS-password again ...

This will remove the problem with usability, and show the users that the
password is already in place :-)

- K