Vantaa school council meeting

As mentioned on IRC I had a meeting with a school representative
administering more then 5000 machines in the Vantaa area.

I have lots to write up about it, however the main point is that they
wanted to leverage their 100mbit (and gigabit) networks and centralise
everything. Then they are keen to outsource the services.

Their architecture:
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/hendry/temp/skolelinux/Scan001.PDF
Looks terrible in gv, and I can't rotate it nicely with convert.

I am really busy at work. I will hopefully get time in the middle of the
week to work on the wretched bugs I filed and provide more information.

Lastly, does anyone have any experience of migrating Active Directory to
some opensource equivalent e.g. slapd? Has it been done?