Further discussion on Educational Software

Dear List,

several threads ago, I addressed software packages that possibly should
be added. I am quite aware that the maximum space for the ISO image of
650 MB (why not 700?) has been reached - but: If - as discussed above -
a statistical package like R isn't appropriate for schools - how about
TeX then? Removing TeX could save loads of space, amn't I right?

Now, what actually could be added is this:

1. katomic - a game like sokoban where you have to assemble molecules
like H20, thus learning some chemestry.

2. kdeedu (is not included yet)

3. enigma - quite meditative a game where you steer a ball through more
or less manipulated physical fields (some of you might remember OXYD or
ESPRIT)

4. gnuchess - because chess is brain training

5. gtans (if this Tangram puzzle is missing yet)

6. kblackbox - training for reverse engeneering

7. kmessedwords   -  letter order game for KDE

8. ksokoban - brain training puzzle

9. lletters - learning letters (primary schools, english only)

What do you think?

Regards & Happy Easter
Ralf