Re: non-free?

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Checking
> <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/sl-packages.txt>
> and
> <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/skolelinux/src/task-skolelinux/build-check.txt>,
> the only non-free software on the CD at the moment seem to be
>
>   libforms0.89
Which program is using this old library?

>   opera-static
I will definitely not take part in YABFW (Yet Another Browser Flame War) but
there are several free alternatives.  (Again, I refuse to discuss whether you
really need the latest nifty feature which only your belowed browser provides.)

>   j2re1.3
Unfirtunetaly there is no real replacement an a free Java seems to be even more
distant after the latest change in Suns relationships ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.