Re: non-free?

[Sajith VK]
> I am also working on a GNU/Linux distribution. I wish to make the
> next version based on skolelinux. At that time I will defenitly do
> the task for identifying non-free softwares and suggesting free
> alternatives......

Sounds good.  In addition to suggesting free alternatives, one also
need to do the work work improving the free alternatives up to the
point where they can be real replacements for the non-free software.
Java comes to mind.  Neither kaffe nor sablevm are good enough to
execute all (or even most) Java applets in a browser.

Checking
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/sl-packages.txt>
and
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/skolelinux/src/task-skolelinux/build-check.txt>,
the only non-free software on the CD at the moment seem to be

  libforms0.89
  opera-static
  j2re1.3

If you find any more, please let us know.