Re: Shouldn't we have a Webmin interface to cron?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Shouldn't we have a Webmin interface to cron?
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:49:40 +0100
- Message-id: <20040317154940.E12493@saruman.uio.no>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>; from email@example.com on Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:42:14PM +0100
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> As far as I know, one of our design goals is to eradicate the need
> for using the shell.
This is a misunderstanding. One of our design goals is to making sure
all simple administrative tasks are possible without the use of a
shell. I see no point in trying to avoid the most effective admin
tool available, the command line.
> Handling scheduled tasks is a common administrator job. Hence there
> should be a pretty UI on it.
I see no problem with adding such webmin module.