Re: Recent presentation on Kid's Software for Linux

On Thursday 11 December 2003 13:10, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> I whipped together a presentation for my local Linux User Group this month,
> on "Kid's Software for Linux."  I of course mentioned Debian Jr and Edu
> projects. ;^)
>
> I thought you folks might care to take a peek.  Enjoy!
>
>   http://www.lugod.org/presentations/kidslinux/
>
> -bill!
> bill@newbreedsoftware.com                           Got kids?  Get Tux
> Paint! http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/
> http://newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/
Did you know skolelinux yet?
Skolelinux is a great Server distribution for schools and it will become part
of debian-edu, AFAIK. They are working on a Skole-Knoppix too.
http://www.skolelinux.no/
http://www.skolelinux.de/

We started promoting skolelinux in Wilhelmshaven, 200km SE of Hamburg. And we
are getting a great response from schools out of our region.
I wrote a single line in a newspaper artikel, talking about that we will
establish a skolelinux test- and training center. And my phone got hot the
next days. We will migrate two schools in the next weeks, one in Eden (at the
coastal border of germany and the nederlands) and at Jever (5kmW of
Wilhelmshaven).
Plus two skolelinux presentations in Schortens, this will be for a big
"Paritätischer Wohlfahrtsverband, Arbeiter Wohlfahrt" which is a big  welfare
organisation, 2500Employees in >70 sites, which is interested in skolelinux
and the GNOME acessibillity Desktop.
They might use skolelinux in their 40 retirement homes and in their 20
handicapped persons workshops (Behinderten Werkstätten).

I think it's a better solution than SuSE's new OpenSchoolServer who will be
launched 2004.

As we say in Germany, "Skolelinux ist genial" :o)

Bye
Thomas