Re: Debian for Schools

[Ramakrishnan M]
> I am asked to do a single CD debian CD for schools to install. What I am
> planning is to prepare a set of packages and put it as a `task' and make
> a debian CD. If someone has a list of probably packages for schools (this
> is for 8th grade to 12th grade students), please let me know.

Your plan sounds very close to the goal of the skolelinux project.
Check out
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/arkitektur/arkitektur.html.en>
to learn more about the system we are building.  There are more
english documents available.  Check the archive for the
english-speaking development list,
<URL:https://init.linpro.no/mailman/skolelinux.no/listinfo/devel> to
find out more.