Re: kdeedu and debianedu

> can you figure which of these packages depend on KDE >= 3, and which can
> already be used with KDE2 ?

Well, currently they all come from the same source (the kdeedu module from
kde.org), and I honestly think it's far more trouble than it's worth to split
the sources, work out what can be individually backported and upload a host
of small standalone packages, given that the KDE3 upload to debian is
(hopefully) so close.

Having said that, I know that at least kgeo, kstars and ktouch are already in
debian for KDE2 as standalone packages (which will be replaced by the large
kdeedu source package when KDE3 is uploaded).

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
	- Oscar Wilde