Re: debian-edu listproc suggestion

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:34:16AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 12:06:50AM -0700, Bill Kendrick écrivait:
> > Would people be against having the list management software tack a
> > "[debian-edu]" at the beginning of Subject lines?
>
> We never use things like that in Debian. I filter my incoming mails
> and mailing list mails are put in separate folders ...
>
> You can filter based on the X-Loop: header.
>
> > If people are against it, or it can't be done for some technical reason,
> > I guess I can look into setting up a Procmail recipe that'll do it for me
> > as incoming messages hit my inbox.
>
> Sure, but it will be ugly when you reply since you will add [debian-edu]
> in the subject when there was none.

I guess my problem with the above suggestion is that I like to have only
one inbox. :^)  I'll think about it.

Unfortunately, between being down-and-out from a liver biopsy yesterday (ouch!)
and busy with Tux Paint, my LUG, work, etc., I haven't really had time to
pay attention to the DebianEDU lists much anyway. :^/

I might just need to watch from afar.  Any chance there'll be a kind of
one-way moderated 'announcement' list when interesting things happen?

Thx!

-bill!