Re: What do you want to do

I am more of a lurker than anything else, but
I'll fill in the survey.
On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 08:45, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> after a week about 26 people are on this list. I'd like
> to know you better in order to try to organize the work
> as much a possible and in order to know where I have to
> make efforts.
>
> It would be great if each of you could respond (either
> privately or publicly if you prefer) to those questions :
>
> 1. Are you a debian developer ?
No.  I am thinking of adopting a program which has been
orphaned, called langdrill.  I'm learning Esperanto, and
I would like to use it, and also to develop a similar kind
of application for the Palm Pilot.

> 2. If no, would you like to become a developer in order to
>    maintain some packages ?
Sure.  I am a programmer by trade, so, if I had
time I could maintain packages.

> 3. Do you have packaging skills/experience ?
No, but how hard could it be?

> 4. If you're a Debian developer, are you willing to sponsor
>    people who packages educational software ?
N/A for me.

> 5. Are you willing to write/translate documentation for educational
>    software ?
I'm actually I'm probably more interested in documentation
than coding.

> 6. What area in the big educational landscape are of special interest
>    for you (math, physics, biology, languages, etc.) ?
Personally, I'm mostly interested in languages, though
I am a terrible linguist.

> 7. Freetyle question. What else would you like to do within DebianEdu ?
>    What do you expect from DebianEdu ?
I'm mostly interested in finding out how to replace
proprietary SW with free SW.