Re: Terminal server under Debian-Edu

[Hilaire Fernandes]
> LTSP may be fine but there is still some glue code to write between
> LTSP, DebianEdu and the end user installing the terminal server and
> the thin clients. Integrating LTSP into DebianEdu should not be that
> difficult but what is interesting is to write/find some intermediate
> programm to ease the auto-configuration of the thinClient when they
> boot (from floppy for example) for the first time. Although this is
> not DebianEdu specific I am willing to contribute to this specific
> part.

The LTSP solution in Skolelinux work out of the box if the LTSP server
is configured with two PCI network cards as we describe in the
documentation, and the LTSP clients use PCI network and video cards.
All you need to do is to install the software, tick 'LTSP-server' when
choosing which package profiles to install, set up a boot-o-matic
floppy image to match the network card of the LTSP client, and boot
the LTSP client using this floppy image.  It takes ~30 minutes to
configure an LTSP server, including preparing the client floppy. :-)

This already works.

If your LTSP clients do not use PCI cards, you will need to configure
a bit more using webmin-dhcp and/or webmin-ltsp.  If you want fixed IP
on the clients, you also need to enter some configuration using
webmin-dhcp.