Re: Meta Packages

Le Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 07:15:50PM +0100, Phil Cowans écrivait:
> Having looked at the Wiki, I'd like to suggest that rather than using the
> current set of meta packages, one is chosen which more closely reflects
> the division of subjects traditionally used in schools. This would make
> it easier to set up computers depending on the lessons in which they
> will be used. For examples:

This list is here to discuss those things ! I'd like that teachers,
students and everyone shares their idea on how it's best done.

I'd like to have relatively fine-grained metapackages, but we can have
meta-metapackages if needeed.

education-mathematics-school
education-mathematics-college
education-mathematics-university

And then education-mathematics that depends on the three packages ...
the problem is that the vocabulary for the level of study is not really
common ... :-)

> 3. Language should probably be split into 'first language' and 'foreign
> languages' meta packages.

Well, if you see what software are listed in this metapackage, it's not
worth it yet.

> A final minor point is that Services might be better renamed
> Administration.

I don't think so. What is described in the page is really "Services"
for education purpose ... an e-learning app is not meant to administrate
anything but to make people learn things. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com