About the wiki ...

Hi,

I see that some people already contribute ideas through the wiki.
It's great. However, it would be nice if you could identify yourself
by filing this page before :
http://wiki.debian.net/UserOptions

(you should also setup your personal page in
http://wiki.debian.net/WikiUsers)

That way, we know who proposed what and it's easier to collaborate.
Also, instead of using the wiki where it's not easy to follow what's
going (at least without using the subscription mechanism) you can
post your idea here... and it will be added in the Wiki later.

Also, when there's a question mark near a word, it means that the page
associated to that WikiName doesn't exist yet. By clicking on it, you
create the page, so please don't do it unless you really want to create
that page.

If you want to give some comments about the page (and not modify it),
please use the "add comment" facility at the bottom of the page (and not
the the "edit the page" link).

I'm done with the general remarks about the wiki now. I need volunteers
to create all the pages associated to the packages that I listed in the
various metapackages. It's easy to do, click on the question mark and

I propose a little template :
-------
Package: packagename<br>
In Debian: yes/no<br>
Web: http://upstream.web.site.org

Description

  This software does X, Y (you may want to use the description of the
  debian package to create it).

Links

  <ul>
<li>http://pts.debian.net/<sourcepackage>
<li>http://bugs.debian.org/<package>
<li>any other useful link wrt to that package
</ul>
------

Here's an example: http://wiki.debian.net/EduGwget

Thanks !