Re: Do you want to help with marketing the new Skolelinux / Debian Edu release?

[John Ingleby]
> I have experience technical writing (mostly training materials, web
> sites, etc.  in English) and would like to contribute to the
> Promotion and Community Team. Who are other members of the team?

Given the lack of feedback on the list, I suspect the team at the
moment consist of you and Bhaskar Chattoraj. :/

And I hope to be able to assist, but do not expect to find much time
for it.

I do plan to continue my inteview serie in my blog and move it to a
more international audience by starting to do interviews in english in
addition to the norwegian interviews I have conducted so far.

I also hope to present the new version on the NUUG meeting tuesday
2012-03-13 in Oslo, which will be video recorded.  This is not yet
announced, but it is likely to happen anyway. :)

I would love the new release to get coverage on Slashdot, and in every
local news paper where there is an existing Skolelinux / Debian Edu
installation in the area.  Perhaps even some letter from the readers
talking about Skolelinux / Debian Edu in the local papers for areas
without a Skolelinux installation.

We can send a press release in Norwegian to all norwegian news editors
using the NUUG mailing list, and should send an english one using the
contact press@debian already god.

I also believe we should create screen casts presenting features in
Skolelinux / Debian Edu, and twitter about these as wide and often as
we can.

More people should start blogging about the new features of Debian Edu
Squeeze, and make sure these blogs show up on planet.skolelinux.org
(and planet.debian.org too).

Any other ideas?  Lets continue the discussion on debian-edu@ or IRC
(#debian-edu on irc.debian.org).
--