Installing Tjener Live CD on Hard Disk

Hi folks,

good job, the CD boots fine in virtual box and there seems to be even an installer in /root/Installer

However this is a rather complicated design and instructions in Readme.txt.

0. Do the variable definition like "HD=/dev/sda" really works as suggested on the console? Or should it be better "export HD=/dev/sda"?

1. Setting up PS is rather complicated: You probably should write how to calculate this magic values PS=(10240M 8192M 30720M rest) for the non wizards. My question here is: what do I have to provide in PS, when I would install it in VB on a single partition without LVM?

2. "source functions.cfg" do not exists! Do you mean source functions.sh instead?

3. partition script/function do not work:

partition_disk
automated creation of partitions is currently not
supported. Please read the source an volunteer
Do you mean "and volunteer" instead of "an volunteer"?

4. make_filesystems seems to work somehow. It make a file system. But since I do want only one file system my PS looks like this PS=(rest). The script complains about nonexistent /dev/hda3 and /dev/hda4

So I gave up at this point. Why not using a Kanotix or Knoppix installer script? Last time I did this in 2006 it was as easy ...

OK time over for this weekend, I will try to continue working on it next week.

Kind regards
C.