Re: administrating samba

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 03:23:31PM +0200, Frank Weißer wrote:
> Hi out there!
>
> I've got a question on administrating samba:
> The samba-admin is "smbadmin", right? The password for "smbadmin" is set by
> smbpasswd -w verysecret
> Right?

no.

The password for samba is nothing you should know about. It is created
and stored with /usr/bin/samba-debian-edu-admin, which is part of newer
debian-edu-config (> 0.385 I beleieve)

> Now, must i have created an account "smbadmin" with wlus before doing so?

no - samba-debian-edu-admin does this.

but if you want to upgrade your old installation, you could try to run
samba-debian-edu-admin manually. but maybe runit with the command
 bash -x /usr/bin/samba-debian-edu-admin
so you can se what is going on.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen