Re: [VAC] January 29 - February 15, New York & Washington DC

In that case, dinner tomorrow would work better after all. More detailed reply to follow later this evening.

On January 30, 2016 1:53:22 PM EST, Felipe Sateler <fsateler@debian.org> wrote:

On 30 Jan 2016 02:24, "Aaron M. Ucko" <ucko@debian.org> wrote:

> Felipe Sateler <fsateler@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I'd be happy to meet! Especially if you can give us tips on stuff to do in
> > DC ;)
>
> There are a lot of good museums downtown, many free (belonging to the
> government-run Smithsonian Institution).  As I recall, you also asked
> about live music.  There are a few clubs around 14th and U NW, and I
> think also on H St. NE, that often have rock bands, and the Kennedy
> Center's Millennium Stage has free performances every evening at 6 pm:
>
>   https://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/schedule.html

Cool. Will check this out. I was already planning on visiting the smithsonian, so good to hear that it is recommended.

> > I'm traveling with my girlfriend, so I'm afraid it would have to be a more
> > social setting (drinks or dinner). I don't think she would be willing to
> > attend a lug meeting ;)
>
> That's fair.  For that matter, my wife and our kids (age 9 and 11) might
> also join in.

Cool.

> > We are staying near the judiciary square metro (3rd with I NW), but we can
> > of course go anywhere accessible by bus or subway.
>
> I live near Shady Grove station, on the far end of the Red Line, but
> would be up for meeting in DC proper this (Saturday) afternoon or
> evening.  Anyone else in?

I'll be arriving today so should be ready (after check in at hotel) around 7:30-8:00. I'm not sure if this is too late by US standards (this time of year I hear it gets dark early). I understand if it is too late.

Sorry for the delayed responses, I just got internet on a Starbucks.