Re: DebConf in Montreal in 2016

On mar, 2014-09-16 at 09:17 -0400, Fabián Rodríguez wrote:
> On 2014-09-15 13:47, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > [...] If you're interested in helping out
> > organizing DebConf16 and/or preparing the bid; please add your name to
> > the wiki [1], we can all schedule a meeting very soon to hammer out the
> > details. There is a ton of things[2] to look into, so if you can, please
> > also write down what you'd be interested in helping out with.[...]
>
> I've added myself, anyone editing that wiki should keep in mind it
> requires approval - you can't edit it directly if you didn't have a
> previous account there.
>
> Was there any formal presentation about this at DebConf?

There was a presentation, but I wouldn't call it formal. It was also
done with only a few hours of notice.

Look for Presentation of ideas for DebConf16.

> > Unless people think it would be too much volume to discuss organization
> > details on this list, I think don't need to request a new list be
> > created for that purpose.
>
> Agreed, IRC will probably be more efficient for this. The next week
> starting this Saturday there are going to be quite a few free software
> events in Montreal, perhaps we could agree on piggy-backing on one of
> them: http://agendadulibre.qc.ca

I don't think it's as relevant to the other events. While it's a nice
idea to get more people this way, I'm worried that pulling in too many
people from this and that event will just add more people who will
ultimately decide they don't care and drop off. I think it would be
better to tell people about it, and see what interest can be generated.
People who are interested can join the mailing list and will know about
an organization meeting.

--
Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl@gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl@gmail.com