Re: [Debian-NYC] Anyone in town Friday Aug 16th? (Debian 20th birthday).

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Thomas Krichel <krichel@openlib.org> wrote:

>   Brian Gupta writes
>
> > I am keen on trying the Belgian place as I've never been and it has Belgian
> > Beer, Mussels and Fries. http://www.voldenuitbar.com/main1.html
>
>   The Debian gang had a meeting there on 2007-04-15 to celebrate the
>   release of etch. I remember it as it was the first time I met Jay
>   Sulzberger ;-)
>
> > That said, I'm a bit concerned that it might be a zoo on a Friday night.
>
>   West Village Friday? 100% zoo.

Thinking that anywhere that isn't someone's apartment on a Friday
night in NYC will likely packed. I'll offer again, if people are
looking for a quieter place, my apartment near columbia university,
but understand it is probably not the most convenient place for those
coming in from Brooklyn.

Alternatively, if people familiar with Pacific Standard are reasonably
sure it won't be crazy on Friday, we should probably just do that.

-Brian

P.S. - If you are interested in celebrating please do speak up as we
are falling dangerously close to lacking critical mass. :)