Re: [Debian-NYC] Announcing launch of DebConf13 matching fund for individual USD donations through April 30th.

Thanks for doing this, Brian/Brandorr! Great idea to help.

Another thing: Some employers match charitable donations to suitable recipients
(SPI usually qualifies). In order to maximize the total matches received by
DebConf13, I'd encourage using Brandorr's offer up to $100 if your employer
does not offer this, but otherwise using SPI directly so that Brandorr's $5000
adds to other match offers rather than replacing them.

If you donate to DebConf13 via the normal SPI mechanism, be sure to request
employer matches if available, and ideally mention it with your donation.  Your
direct donations to SPI (not the match) count as a charitable donation for
potential deduction on your tax forms, depending on your situation.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org