did not get an email confirmation, please write me again. Here's the
talk announcement draft.

The Debian Project Leader on "Debian, 20 years and counting"

Wednesday, March 20, 2013
7:30 PM

Google NYC (8th Ave Entrance)
111 8th Avenue, New York, NY (edit map)

Please present your ID with security, and go to the badge table to check in.

Note 1: Because this event is not our regularly scheduled monthly
meeting (we are having two presentations in March), it will not be
held in our normal Chelsea Market venue, but rather in Google's main
offices. As such, IDs will be required, and you will either need to
register with your real name, or answer the RSVP question.

Note 2: RSVP will close at 7:30pm on March 18th, a full 48 hours
before the event. We have to do this as we will be requiring people to
wear badges, and register with security. We also need the time to
prepare the list of names for security.

Note 3: RSVP will open March 6, 2013 Wednesday 4:00pm.

Stefano Zacchiroli (The Debian Project Leader)

on

Debian, 20 years and counting

Debian is one of the eldest Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
distribution in existence. The project has been founded in 1993 to
further Free Software distribution and is still doing so in an purely
community-driven way. The Debian Project and distribution are both
made by volunteers who employ a dual "do-ocratic" (a form of
meritocracy based on the outcome of individual work) and democratic
model to make decisions and drive Debian toward its goals. The
uniqueness of Debian is manifest in its Free Software values,
independence from commercial interests, and in its importance as the
basis of a huge ecosystem of several hundreds derived FOSS
distributions, which includes today's most popular ones.

In this talk we will present the Debian Project and distribution,
discuss its unique traits, as well explain how to join the Project and
contribute to it.

More information:
-------------------------
Debian: http://www.debian.org/

Steano's homepage: http://upsilon.cc/~zack

Stammtisch:
------------------
After the meeting ... You may wish to join up with other NYLUGgers for
drinks and pub food.  We have reserved the back room at McKennas Pub
at 250 West 14th Street.
http://g.co/maps/ghbkk

About Stephano Zacchiroli:
Stefano Zacchiroli is Associate Professor of Computer Science at
University Paris Diderot. His research interests span formal methods
and their applications to improve software quality and user experience
in the context of Free Software distributions. He has been involved in
the Debian Project since 2001, taking care of many tasks from package
maintenance to distribution-wide Quality Assurance. He has been
leading the Debian Project since April 2010.