Re: [Debian-NYC] Debian is officially on EC2 now. (I started a FAQ and would like feedback)

Hi Lee! I don't know the answers to your questions, so I defer to DPL.

I'll just quote Zack:

"Correct. To expand a bit more on this, as I've mentioned in [1] I've
been approached by Amazon representatives interested in having official
Debian AMIs in their "AWS marketplace". This is different than the usual
"AMI soup" where you've to search for AMI matching, say, the "Debian"
string and trust whoever prepared them. In the AWS marketplace they
offer OS images that are supposedly prepared by the OS vendors and
wanted to know if Debian is interested to be part of them.

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/11/msg00000.html

My general take on this is that, if we have users interested in running
Debian on public clouds, we should support them. As mentioned in [2], I
think it would be better for them to deploy their own cloud, but that's
not something that everyone could do. So if they have to stick to a so
called "public cloud", they are better off running Debian there than
some less Free OS."

More here: http://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2012/11/threads.html

It seems debian-cloud (irc and mailing list) is very open to feedback
from Debionistas, and I am certain you experience and feedback would
be most welcome.

Also if you want to chat about this I am game to meet up, or talk on
the phone. (I've been involved since very shortly after Zack made this
public on d-d-a.)

Cheers,
Brian

I'm sure those working on this can use all the experience you have to
make things even better.