Re: [Debian-NYC] linux question (ubuntu studio pro / double-booting)

Hello Lee,

Your point is valid: partitioning requires you to guess in advance how
much space you are going to use for different purposes, and that guess
could be wrong.  I generally use LVM (combined with low starting
guesses for logical volume sizes) to mitigate the partitioning
disadvantage cited while reaping the benefits of partitioning.  I'm
not sure though whether the use of LVM should be routinely recommended
to linux newcomers.

-- Carlos