Re: [Debian-NYC] linux question (ubuntu studio pro / double-booting)

I disagree that partitioning /home is a rule for desktop computers. I
did this for my creative machine and the number of libraries and
supporting files for gnome and the myriad audio and visual
applications consumed more than 6 gigs on /. For example, the
dependency chain for f-spot and Ufraw (my photo developing pipeline)
is around 400 - 500 megs. The only solution was to do a reformat and
full restore, which sucks when you're trying to work.

I recommend to put everything on one partition and backup
irreplaceable work to an offline external USB disk every week.

-lee