Re: [Debian-NYC] Novice Night

Christine,

(I'm sorry for the late reply, this message just got moderated)

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 03:48:54PM -0500, christine bryce wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>   My name is Christine Bryce and I am affliated with the IEEE student branch
> at DeVry College of New York.  The entire student branch is interested in
> attending this forum on the 18th of January.  We will like to RSVP to the
> event.  Can you contact me with the details regarding this event?  Is there
> a fee?

This is great!  About how many people will there be?  Some more info
is on our wiki page website:
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNYC/NoviceNights

There is no fee, just show up with computers and an idea what you'd
like to talk about or do.  It is mostly free-form, people work
together to teach each other things.  One of the main tasks is
installing Debian on new machines, but there is also help with using
Debian, and just talking about Free Software.  It really turns into
whatever people want to make it.

Bringing ethernet cable (and if you have very many people, a few
ethernet miniswitches) would help but isn't required.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

- Richard