Re: [Debian-NYC] Wed, celebrating Debian's birthday?

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 13:02, Mike O'Connor <stew@vireo.org> wrote:
> It seems to me like "the YEAs have it."  There are more people saying
> "pacific standard" than all other options combined.  So unless more
> people start speaking up for Manhattan soon.  I'm going to say we should
> meet at Pacific Standard, and I'll be there sometime after 8pm.
>
> stew
>
> p.s.  TGI Fridays just seems wrong.

No one is suggesting TGIF; in fact just the opposite: we *don't* want
to go to TGIF.

+1 for coordination (and not making people choose between Debian and
NYLUG) and leaving Brooklyn once in a while.
(although I do like PS and definitely want to go back there as well)
However, if we can't settle on a compromise then I think we should
drink separately.

It's already a stretch to have NYLUG meet in one neighborhood and then
have the bar be at least several stops away; I don't think PS is
realistic.
(I think the worst case would be NYLUG going to PS but then only 1 or
2 people show up (excluding people already tied into Debian like me,
brian, simon, richard))

-Jeremy

(P.S. The best solution would be holding the NYLUG meeting somewhere
near good bars but it's way too late to change the meeting place. But
then planning far enough ahead to allow changing the meeting place
would have also allowed for making the 2 events different days.)