Re: [Debian-NYC] Fwd: Free Culture Alliance NYC

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Gabriella Coleman <biella@nyu.edu> wrote:
> After spending a week in San Francisco with Silicon Valley types, I am
> actually pretty concerned about the future of Free Culture, Free
> Software etc, for reasons I won't get into here. But I think building
> alliances, even if first just on "paper" is key to (potentially) keeping
> the fire of free software alive. I say we go for it.
>

> Biella
>
>  On 06/29/2010 08:53 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> Hi Debian NYC folks--
>>
>> Richard of the Free Culture Alliance NYC (cc'ed here) asked me to
>> forward this invitation to Debian NYC.
>>
>> I'm not entirely sure what participation by debian folks in this group
>> would mean, or if we even possess the organizational structure capable
>> of explicitly delegating someone to "represent" Debian NYC in the
>> context the free culture alliance.
>>
>> However, the list of groups there do seem like natural allies who could
>> maybe have good reason to want more direct contact with Debian, and
>> Debian might be able to get more use and more exposure if we engage with
>> them.  What do y'all think?
>>
>>       --dkg

Daniel/Biella,

One option, to starting a relationship could be an agreement to
crosspost meeting (and potentially other) announcements to each
other's mailing lists. Obviously people would have to volunteer for
this, but I believe that would be an effective way to start building a
relationship.

Cheers,
Brian