Re: [Debian-NYC] Fwd: Free Culture Alliance NYC

After spending a week in San Francisco with Silicon Valley types, I am
actually pretty concerned about the future of Free Culture, Free
Software etc, for reasons I won't get into here. But I think building
alliances, even if first just on "paper" is key to (potentially) keeping
the fire of free software alive. I say we go for it.

Biella

 On 06/29/2010 08:53 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> Hi Debian NYC folks--
>
> Richard of the Free Culture Alliance NYC (cc'ed here) asked me to
> forward this invitation to Debian NYC.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what participation by debian folks in this group
> would mean, or if we even possess the organizational structure capable
> of explicitly delegating someone to "represent" Debian NYC in the
> context the free culture alliance.
>
> However, the list of groups there do seem like natural allies who could
> maybe have good reason to want more direct contact with Debian, and
> Debian might be able to get more use and more exposure if we engage with
> them.  What do y'all think?
>
> 	--dkg

Gabriella Coleman, Assistant Professor
Department of Media, Culture, & Communication
New York University
239 Greene St, 7th floor
NY NY 10003
212-992-7696