Re: [Debian-NYC] Organizations to reach out to for Novice Nights

Richard Darst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need to collect a list of organizations to reach out to for Novice
> Nights.  As has been said elsewhere, a diversity (instead of "the
> usual suspects") is critical here.
>
> Some of Carlos's ideas were: non-profits, specific ethnic/religious
> groups, small businesses, local government, active-duty military.
>
> If you have specific contacts, you can mail (rkd zgib.net) or IRC them
> directly to me.  Please include:
>
> - Organization,
> - contact person name,
> - email address,
> - if you would like to be the interface to relay announcements to the
>   group.
>
> Since this includes specific names and emails, it can't be made
> public.  I will collect them and keep them private, but share them
> with whoever heads up novice nights later.
>
> Any other thoughts on this?  Any other ideas to kick this off?

I've been forwarding the announcements to some local groups.   By
"local" I mean within commuting distance of NYC.  You might want to
consider making use of the previously-assembled list of local user
groups to contact for DebConf10, or I will dig up and re-send the list
I'd previously assembled as a starting point.  With school back in
session some of the groups that couldn't be reached for DebConf10 may be
back in operation.

Aside: the list I assembled was compiled from public (web) sources, so
I'll probably just paste in a reply here if you need it.

- Ron