Re: [Debian-NYC] Novice Nights and other workshops

(whoops, this was supposed to go to the list)

Hi everyone + Hans,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:20:41PM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey Brian and all,
>
> I think the idea is to have a more freeform event so people who know
> anything about Debian can help those who know less or none.  I'm up
> for being there for it, and hosting it at either Eyebeam or NYCR.

I realized the date poll was completely backwards.  We should figure
out what dates a location can host, then poll people.  Then I
realized...

Hans - would you like to take over the "find a date and location" part
of planning the next Novice Night?  Since you know the locations you
can do it much better than me.  Can this be recurring, keep planning
the next after each one?  Feel free to hand off to someone else
whenever you'd like, of course.

I think the main factors to consider are enough warning to do a lot of
advertising, and enough volunteers able to make it, and a good day for
others not-on-the-list to come, too.

Any other ideas from anyone?

Thanks,

- richard