Re: [Debian-NYC] Novice Nights: call for space

I am very happy to volunteer for this project!

Steve

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
Hello,

A while back we had discussed having events called Novice Nights,
events designed to help new people get started.  We thought about
having it at NYC Resistor - Hans, is this still possible?

This email is a call for ideas of where to host this event.  We can
move around to various places.  Information on the proposed event is
here:
 http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNYC/NoviceNights

It would be nice to partner with various organizations, such as
schools, to bring Debian to new communities.  It would be ideal if the
locations should feel somewhat public, to make sure that everyone
feels safe just dropping by.

Would anyone like to volunteer space for these events, or have any
ideas on who we should reach out to for this?  (I will talk to people
at Columbia CS about space, we can do some here.)

Thanks,

- Richard