Re: [Debian-NYC] Wed, celebrating Debian's birthday?

Hi Biella,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:21:18AM -0400, Gabriella Coleman wrote:
> If there is enough interest, I will come back with a place but please send
> suggestions to me. I think somewhere between Columbia and Brooklyn would be
> ideal and perhaps a place where we can eat and drink?

"Somewhere between Columbia and Brooklyn" (e.g. midtown or 1-2 miles in either
direction) seems reasonable to me. I hope to attend, but I have overriding
prior committments that evening in the UWS and Hamilton Heights areas
(unrelated to Deb* or Columbia) for several hours starting at 4:30 or 5pm. If I
end up being free early enough to travel to the meeting spot and join you for a
reasonable chunk of the event, I may see you there. Otherwise, have a great
celebration. Happy Birthday, Debian!

BTW, in case it's relevant to any future Debian-NYC logistics or impromptu
social gatherings, I'm now based at Fordham University's Lincoln Center campus,
between 60th and 62nd and between Columbus and Amsterdam. And I don't get
too swamped with law school stuff until roughly Sunday.... :-)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org