Re: [Debian-NYC] Bug squashing party feedback

I personally enjoyed the BSP and had a lot of fun.

Hadn't have to take an early train on Sunday, I'd have taken the offer posted
earlier to the list and stayed in New York City the whole weekend. Coming back
and forth to the 'burbs made me miss a good chunk of it (including the
sponsored lunch!).

Interestingly, I had plenty of other stuff to look at, but I got quite sucked
into my chosen bug :-)

Now, for something else, I mentioned before the BSP that I wanted to do some
recording. I brought the wireless headset to the BSP but then I realized it
wasn't going to work:

* The environment was in general quiet. Somebody speaking on a microphone
would have been distracting.

* The process of fixing a bug can be quite lengthy and involve long periods of
doing nothing but reading existing documentation.

* Last but not least, the process is seldom an individual process. The key of
being all together in the same room is to bounce ideas and questions quickly.
There's no way to capture that with a headset (and the privacy issues will
also kick in).

We still need a way to document BSPs, so we will need to keep searching.

If the number of RC bugs in Squeeze stays up, sign me up for a BSP-II :-)

P.