Re: [Debian-NYC] February workshop?

Excerpts from Daniel Kahn Gillmor's message of Thu Feb 11 16:36:40 -0500 2010:
> Are there specific questions you think we should answer?  or should we
> do a general overview about how to think about the cryptosystem itself?
>  or a peek behind the scenes at the packet formats?  or an investigation
> in the nature of multilateral certification networks?

Hi dkg!

I think it'd be great if you could be involved! Here are some things
that I think would be useful (at least to me):

* What PGP is.
* What it can be used for.
* Why someone should be using it.
* A high level overview of how it works.
* Maybe a bootstrap howto of the first steps of using a key
* How keys are specifically used in Debian
* Perhaps an intro to Monkeysphere?

I think some low level stuff about how it's really working would be
cool, but it seems like it's a topic that can get complicated very
quickly. What do you think?

I can probably handle a lot of the general and beginners stuff if you
can verify that my facts are correct.
--
David Rocamora | http://www.n22t.com