Re: [Debian-NYC] Bug squashing party feedback

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 12:27:35AM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I think it went well, and I had fun.  Plus I had some very
> productive conversations that probably would have taken weeks via
> email.  I only wish I could have been around more.  Like this
> weekend, I have nothing to do... c'est la vie.

> One possible thing that could be a nice addition is having a more
> newbie friendly section.  Or really just have a table for newbies to
> hang out and do installs, try building things from source, etc.
> There is the danger of it becoming a distraction from the bug
> squashing, but I think it could make for a since atmosphere to have
> lots of people around free softwaring.

This is a lot of what I envision the DebSpace proposal to be. A space
people can come together and work on things.

Take the educational and community aspects of this BSP, and that's
what I hope DebSpace can become.

Speaking of which - perhaps we should schedule more "hackfest" kinds
of events.  Not quite so long as the BSP, but something people can
come and work/learn from each other.  Any ideas how to do this well?

- Richard