[Debian-NYC] Ebem Moglen This Friday

Hi folks,

So I realize this is perhaps throwing a monkey wrench of sorts into the local team organizing for the weekend but it is important to spread the word. It also reminded of the fact that I think we should ask him to talk at Debconf..... We could also meet after the talk as well after we are all pumped up about software freedom :-)

Biella

The details:
Eben Moglen, Professor of Law and Legal History at Columbia
University,
and founder, Director-Counsel and Chairman of the Software Freedom Law
Center, will speak about “Freedom in the Cloud: Software Freedom,
Privacy and Security for Web 2.0 and Cloud Computing” on Friday,
February 5, 2010, 7-9 pm. This event will be webcast live.

* What: ISOC-NY Public Meeting: Eben Moglen, “Freedom In The Cloud”
* When: Fri. Feb 5 2010 7pm-9pm
* Where: Room 109, Warren Weaver Hall, 251 Mercer Street NYC (SW
corner
of West 4th) (See note below)
* Webcast: http://www.livestream.com/isocny

* Note: Use the entrance on the west side since construction blocks
the
Mercer Street entrance. Must bring ID.

Sponsors: ISOC-NY, NYU ACM, Brooklyn Law Incubator & Policy Clinic