Re: [Debian-NYC] Planning the January BSP

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 01:03:13PM -0500, micah anderson wrote:

> Possibly, although not necessarily. Bugs are getting opened all the
> time, so a rash of really easy ones could come about the day after they
> are done with their BSP, or they could spend all their time working on
> hard issues. The other thing is that RC bugs are RC bugs, and they need
> to be solved one way or another. Making it easier is a nice thing, but
> I dont think it should be the thing that steers the planning. I think we
> should do it based on the availability of people based on the poll
> results.

I tend to agree with this, so let's do it.  Jan 29 to 31st it is.

Next task is to decide the days of the weekend.  Our obvious options
are:

- Friday evening to Saturday evening (2 days)
- Friday evening to Sunday afternoon (3 days)
- Saturday noon to Sunday afternoon/evening (2 days)

My thoughts would be:

Go for the Friday-Saturday option.  We can have dinner Friday evening,
and lunch Saturday.  Saturday night, we can go out somewhere together
for dinner.  We can continue after dinner as long as we can take it,
and if we want continue on Sunday (doesn't have to be decided right
now).  This way, at the least, everyone can get two days in, and if
they need to have Sunday to recover/get to other work.

As always, this is just a plan.  It can be adjusted as time gets
closer, doesn't have to be set in stone now as long as we know the
weekend.

What are your thoughts?

- Richard