Re: [Debian-NYC] Workshop #2: using what we've learned

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 09:45:55AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We had our first workshop nearly two weeks ago, and I have not yet
> followed up.  This email is about scheduling a follow up.  Please see
> this poll for date options:
>
>   http://doodle.com/ezt48vr4c5kbab6p

According to this, Thursday, November 12th (~7pm or so), is the
currently most available day.  It also fits with what we did last
time, and makes sense as a reasonable time.

If you would like to come on that date, please RSVP to me (or fill out
the poll).  If I can't figure out your name and email from the poll,
please email me, too.

So, workshop topics?  I propose two rough groups:

- Bug squashing/packaging party.  Works on miscellaneous tasks.

- One group that tears apart a package, explaining some advanced bits
  that make it work, and perhaps looking at an example of a "really
  bad" package that wouldn't be approved.  If there are enough new
  people, I could do a summary of the previous workshop.

Attendance at the previous workshop is _not_ required.  Let other
interested people know.  Location is TBA.  This is tentative on enough
interest, but I think there will be plenty...

So, please let me know (email or IRC) if you're interested, and we'll
do this thing...

Thanks,

- Richard