Re: [Debian-NYC] Workshop #2: using what we've learned
- To: Debian-NYC List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Debian-NYC] Workshop #2: using what we've learned
- From: email@example.com (Joseph Nahmias)
- Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 22:11:00 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20091102221100.GA9189@nahmias.net>
- Mail-followup-to: Debian-NYC List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20091030211005.GN14645@boltzmann.zgib.net>
- References: <20091030134555.GK14645@boltzmann.zgib.net> <20091030144951.GA27668@nahmias.net> <20091030211005.GN14645@boltzmann.zgib.net>
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 05:10:05PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 02:49:51PM +0000, Joe Nahmias wrote:
> > Sorry I missed the first one, sounds like it was alot of fun!
> > I can offer my office space -- as long as I am present. We're
> > conveniently located near Penn Station and have two conference rooms;
> > the larger holds about 15, the smaller 6-8.
> Great! This may work especially well for several groups.
> I wrote up the questions from the past workshop, let me know what you
> think: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNYC/Workshops
> # Room arrangements:
> * all one room? Several conference rooms?
2 rooms: one large, the other smaller
> * Projector?
> * Whiteboard?
Yes, in each room
> # Seating:
> * How many table spots are there? (most people seem to prefer
> * tables)
Large room has space for about 16, Smaller room has space for 7
> * How many free seats are there, couches, etc?
Two outside lunch tables are available seating 6 each, additional chairs
can be pulled into conference rooms
> * Can we rearrange things? (of course, we'll put it all back and
> * clean up)
> * Seating to see the screen?
yes, as above
> # Enough power in the room for 15-20 laptops? How many power strips do
> # we need to bring? Extension cords?
Good question. Presuming the circuits have sufficent amps, i think we have
enough strips to accommodate all.
> # Network:
> * How stable/fast is the uplink?
> * Do you have wireless we can use?
I think I can scrounge up an AP
> * Is it possible to set up wired connections for some seats?
> * Somewhere to plug in our Debian mirror (wired preferable)
> # Time: Earliest time attendees can arrive? When do we need to leave?
6pm until I go home :)
> # Organizers arrive early to set-up?
yes, 5:30 should be okay
> # Access: can people show up last minute and come in?
yes, they'll just need to let us know to let them in
> # Food: allowed?
DebianNYC mailing list