Re: [Debian-NYC] Workshop #2: using what we've learned

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 05:10:05PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 02:49:51PM +0000, Joe Nahmias wrote:
> > Sorry I missed the first one, sounds like it was alot of fun!
> > I can offer my office space -- as long as I am present.  We're
> > conveniently located near Penn Station and have two conference rooms;
> > the larger holds about 15, the smaller 6-8.
>
> Great!  This may work especially well for several groups.
>
> I wrote up the questions from the past workshop, let me know what you
> think: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNYC/Workshops

OK:

> # Room arrangements:
>     * all one room? Several conference rooms?
2 rooms: one large, the other smaller
>     * Projector?
available
>     * Whiteboard?
Yes, in each room

> # Seating:
>     * How many table spots are there? (most people seem to prefer
>     * tables)
Large room has space for about 16, Smaller room has space for 7
>     * How many free seats are there, couches, etc?
Two outside lunch tables are available seating 6 each, additional chairs
can be pulled into conference rooms
>     * Can we rearrange things? (of course, we'll put it all back and
>     * clean up)
Yes
>     * Seating to see the screen?
yes, as above

> # Enough power in the room for 15-20 laptops? How many power strips do
> # we need to bring? Extension cords?
Good question.  Presuming the circuits have sufficent amps, i think we have
enough strips to accommodate all.

> # Network:
>     * How stable/fast is the uplink?
100Mbit fiber
>     * Do you have wireless we can use?
I think I can scrounge up an AP
>     * Is it possible to set up wired connections for some seats?
yes
>     * Somewhere to plug in our Debian mirror (wired preferable)
yes

> # Time: Earliest time attendees can arrive? When do we need to leave?
6pm until I go home :)
> # Organizers arrive early to set-up?
yes, 5:30 should be okay
> # Access: can people show up last minute and come in?
yes, they'll just need to let us know to let them in
> # Food: allowed?
yes